The Akaushi breed, which is known for exceptional marbling, is relatively new to the United States. At the National Western Stock Show, Bubba Bain, executive director for the American Akaushi Association describes the breed’s attributes and how commercial producers are using Akaushi genetics in crossbreeding programs.
- Will corn be a viable option for backgrounders this fall?
- Tumbling livestock quotes led ag commodites lower Wednesday
- Kan. veterinarians get soaked in Ice Bucket Challenge
- Boxers or Briefs? Underwear buried to demonstrate unhealthy soil
- EPA, Corps hijack Clean Water Act to expand regulatory authority
- Grazing after the growing season