The Akaushi breed, which is known for exceptional marbling, is relatively new to the United States. At the National Western Stock Show, Bubba Bain, executive director for the American Akaushi Association describes the breed’s attributes and how commercial producers are using Akaushi genetics in crossbreeding programs.
- Is there a right to farm?
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Food Babe visits my university
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- Farmers’ biggest issue may be consumer expectations in the future