The Akaushi breed, which is known for exceptional marbling, is relatively new to the United States. At the National Western Stock Show, Bubba Bain, executive director for the American Akaushi Association describes the breed’s attributes and how commercial producers are using Akaushi genetics in crossbreeding programs.
- Study claims beef worse for environment than pork, poultry
- Commentary: When veggie meets carnivore
- Time to send a clear message to EPA
- USDA proposes stricter meat grinding recordkeeping requirements
- BeefTalk: Is there a place for cows in the future?
- Jolley: Cargill does good, KAW coughs up a hairball