Fertility is one of the most economically important traits in the cow herd, but can you improve it through genetic selection? Yes, says Lee Leachman of Leachman Cattle of Colorado. However, selecting directly for traits directly related to fertility can be a slow process, while crossbreeding can bring rapid improvement.
Can you select for fertility?
No matching related articles at this time.
- Ag commodities were mixed Friday morning
- YSA members gain insight into agribusiness, retail industries
- Meat industry associations quick to attack the new MCOOL rule
- Team up against bovine respiratory disease
- Oil prices pare losses on U.S. equities turnaround
- Future of food discussion with Agriculture Secretary
- Former Eastern Livestock CEO, CFO sentenced for federal crimes
- Post-tornado composting a solution for disposal of dead livestock
- Michigan hay buyers should plan purchases early
- More beef cows in worst drought regions than a year ago
- Seven jobs more dangerous than farming
- New animal identification rules aid disease traceability