Megasphaera elsdenii is an anaerobic bacteria that metabolizes lactic acid in the rumen of beef and dairy cattle reducing the risk of acidosis and other digestive problems. Kevin Miller, PhD, director of technical services for MSBiotech, discusses how Lactipro, the company’s M. elsdenii product, fits in feedlot and dairy health programs.
- NIAA Antibiotics Use and Resistance Symposium nears
- K-State conference focuses on antibiotic regulations
- Considerations to determine whether to retain heifer calves
- Minimizing storage loss on hay
- Fall-applied herbicides: Which weed species should be the target?
- Hogs were the exception to the bullish rule Thursday