Megasphaera elsdenii is an anaerobic bacteria that metabolizes lactic acid in the rumen of beef and dairy cattle reducing the risk of acidosis and other digestive problems. Kevin Miller, PhD, director of technical services for MSBiotech, discusses how Lactipro, the company’s M. elsdenii product, fits in feedlot and dairy health programs.
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- Rabobank projects substantial growth in Brazil feedlot sector
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- Grazing conference to help producers learn to improve land
- Eating certain fats might offset some heart risk from weight gain