Colorado State University animal scientist Jason Ahola, PhD, shows an international tour group the University’s Grow Safe system of feed bunks used to measure feed efficiency in individual cattle. The system uses electronic ID tags and readers, along with load cells under each bunk, to record each animal’s feeding behavior and intake.
Feed-efficiency research at CSU
- Defiant Nevada rancher wins ‘range war’ with feds…for now
- Jolley: The feds have been bundied
- Making recommendations on climate change mitigation
- Jolley: Five minutes with CSPI's bad science
- Kitchens could be sources of drug-resistant bacteria
- Ukraine-Russia situation clearly supporting the crop markets