Dr. Kent Andersen, with Zoetis (formerly Pfizer Animal Health) describes how Five Rivers, the nation’s largest cattle-feeding company, is using the Angus GeneMax genomic test to evaluate a large group of heifers for growth and carcass traits, and using the results to strategically breed them for marketing.
Five Rivers evaluates heifers
- Defiant Nevada rancher wins ‘range war’ with feds…for now
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- U.S. bill seeks to block mandatory GMO food labeling by states
- Commentary: Sick Stunts R Us
- Northeast started 2014 by “Livin’ Lean. Lovin’ Beef”
- Minimizing the risks of fescue toxicosis in cattle