At the Leachman Cattle of Colorado bull sale, Wyoming rancher Mike Healy discusses the traits he looks for in bulls, combining reproductive performance on the ranch and feedyard profits. Healy has retained ownership of calves through finishing at Decatur County Feed Yard in Kansas for years, and applies individual performance and carcass data back to his breeding program.
- 300 Days of Grazing field day set for Nov. 18 at SWREC
- Surging soy, U.S. dollar quotes highlight Friday futures trading
- Emergency preparedness workshops planned for livestock operations
- Ohio State offers commercial pesticide applicator recertification
- Red Angus selection indices estimate profitability
- Ag conservation publication available from Purdue Extension