At the Leachman Cattle of Colorado bull sale, Wyoming rancher Mike Healy discusses the traits he looks for in bulls, combining reproductive performance on the ranch and feedyard profits. Healy has retained ownership of calves through finishing at Decatur County Feed Yard in Kansas for years, and applies individual performance and carcass data back to his breeding program.
Learning from retained ownership
- Guarding against overreach of the Endangered Species Act
- Higher beef prices taking a bite out of McDonald's profits
- Jolley: Five Minutes with the Cliven Bundy fiasco
- Ag markets proved decidedly mixed again Thursday morning
- Following the rails: USDA tracks ag exports across the border
- Certified Animal Welfare Audits for farms: The leap