Warren Weibert, owner of Decatur County Feed Yard in Oberlin, Kan., describes how ranchers have used individual performance and carcass data, supplied by the feedyard, to refine their genetic selection. Ranchers have seen significant progress in building more efficient cow herds while improving growth, grade and profitability in their calves
- Is there a right to farm?
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Food Babe visits my university
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- Farmers’ biggest issue may be consumer expectations in the future