The dollar-beef ($B) index helps cattlemen select for cattle that perform and grade. Megan Rolf, Oklahoma State University animal scientist, discusses how to use such selection indexes effectively.
- Feeder Cattle Review: Bullish cattle-on-feed report fuels fire
- Okla. Attorney General keeps pressure on HSUS
- Mid-year inventory shows further declines in cattle numbers
- Herd rebuilding will be a slow process
- High cattle prices, availability of replacement cows persist
- It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a mobile shade machine?