Lee Leachman of Leachman Cattle of Colorado outlines the benefits and applications of expected progeny differences in bull selection. He cautions, though, that misuse of this powerful selection tool can have negative consequences by shifting cattle toward extremes in specific genetic traits.
Why use EPDs?
No matching related articles at this time.
- NCBA program and New Holland to answer producer questions
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated
- Farmland values: Not falling but not accelerating as fast
- U.S. food labels seen heating up North America meat war
- Seven jobs more dangerous than farming
- USMEF board meeting kicks off Wednesday in D.C.
- Michigan hay buyers should plan purchases early
- New animal identification rules aid disease traceability
- U.S. cattle placements rise in April as feed costs subside
- Corn planting pace turns from record slow to record fast
- Ag markets were mixed to start the new week
- Survey reveals most Americans in favor of COOL
- Tyson selects panel to monitor animal welfare program
- BeefTalk: How do we get the next generation to raise beef?
- Meat and climate change: How significant is the impact?
- 2014 Farm Bill: Are we near an agreement?
- Farm bill and immigration reform action needed
- Boxed beef hits record highs, cattle weak to lower