This week, Japan agreed to ease import restrictions, allowing U.S. beef from cattle up to 30 months of age. Prior to the anticipated announcement, we spoke with Joel Haggard, the U.S. Meat Export Federation’s senior VP for the Asia-Pacific region, about the implications of expanded beef trade with Japan and the rest of the region.
Potential growth in Asian markets
- Ag markets posted mixed closes Tuesday afternoon
- World Farmers’ Organisation attends UN Climate Summit
- White House to take on antibiotic resistance
- Researchers: Cattle welfare more important than cost to consumers
- NCBA representative addresses Beef Checkoff changes
- Monday Market Sentiment: 5-area cash trade slips