This week, Japan agreed to ease import restrictions, allowing U.S. beef from cattle up to 30 months of age. Prior to the anticipated announcement, we spoke with Joel Haggard, the U.S. Meat Export Federation’s senior VP for the Asia-Pacific region, about the implications of expanded beef trade with Japan and the rest of the region.
Potential growth in Asian markets
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- Rabobank projects substantial growth in Brazil feedlot sector
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- Grazing conference to help producers learn to improve land
- Eating certain fats might offset some heart risk from weight gain