This week, Japan agreed to ease import restrictions, allowing U.S. beef from cattle up to 30 months of age. Prior to the anticipated announcement, we spoke with Joel Haggard, the U.S. Meat Export Federation’s senior VP for the Asia-Pacific region, about the implications of expanded beef trade with Japan and the rest of the region.
Potential growth in Asian markets
- “Using farmers as educators, not mascots”
- Saving the lesser prairie chicken: What landowners should know
- Cattle and beef markets so far in 2014
- Do distillers grains work In cattle rations at today’s prices?
- Marbling and functional cows
- Cattle pot overturns in Fort Worth, killing at least a dozen head