Late gestation and early lactation: The most important stages of production
During the recent Ohio Beef School series, the word "management" was thrown around quite a bit. In fact, even when we weren't hearing the word used, it was implied throughout the series. FULL STORY »
Are You Ready For Calving Season?
Cows are getting ready for the calving season, but producers may not be prepared, says North Dakota State University Extension Service beef specialist Carl Dahlen. FULL STORY »
Can We Pasteurize Colostrum?
Controlling bacteria levels in colostrum is an important aspect of managing this important first feed for calves. Once it is collected, colostrum can be refrigerated, frozen, or have potassium sorbate added to control bacterial growth (though the latter is seldom used). FULL STORY »
AgriLabs Introduces Colostrx Multi Species
AgriLabs today announced the launch of Colostrx® Multi Species for use in foals, puppies, kittens, kids, lambs, fawns, alpacas, llamas and calves. FULL STORY »
- Commentary: Smoking or meat-eating?
- Feeder cattle review: Weather, light receipts limit market action
- Control weeds now for better pastures this summer
- Cattle Outlook: Boxed beef prices advance, fed prices retract
- Using the “Nebraska advantage” to grow the livestock industry
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
AM11 Series Manure Fork