Late gestation and early lactation: The most important stages of production
During the recent Ohio Beef School series, the word "management" was thrown around quite a bit. In fact, even when we weren't hearing the word used, it was implied throughout the series. FULL STORY »
Are You Ready For Calving Season?
Cows are getting ready for the calving season, but producers may not be prepared, says North Dakota State University Extension Service beef specialist Carl Dahlen. FULL STORY »
Can We Pasteurize Colostrum?
Controlling bacteria levels in colostrum is an important aspect of managing this important first feed for calves. Once it is collected, colostrum can be refrigerated, frozen, or have potassium sorbate added to control bacterial growth (though the latter is seldom used). FULL STORY »
AgriLabs Introduces Colostrx Multi Species
AgriLabs today announced the launch of Colostrx® Multi Species for use in foals, puppies, kittens, kids, lambs, fawns, alpacas, llamas and calves. FULL STORY »
- 300 Days of Grazing field day set for Nov. 18 at SWREC
- Surging soy, U.S. dollar quotes highlight Friday futures trading
- Emergency preparedness workshops planned for livestock operations
- Ohio State offers commercial pesticide applicator recertification
- Red Angus selection indices estimate profitability
- Ag conservation publication available from Purdue Extension