NAHMS releases BVD report
A new report from the USDA’s National Animal Health Monitoring System shows growing awareness of BVD, but information gaps remain and few producers test for the virus. FULL STORY »
Study dispels myth about inactivated vaccines
A recent study published in the scientific journal Veterinary Therapeutics provides new evidence that a long-standing perception about inactivated vaccines has become outdated and inaccurate. FULL STORY »
Stay ahead of disease with proper diagnostics
Two persistently infected BVD calves found in one day. Bad news!
With some detective work, the owners were able to find an infected cow that had been in the same pen as the dams of the calves. FULL STORY »
Practice Tip: Calf ranches and respiratory disease
Calf ranches typically raise day-old Holstein calves up to several hundred pounds in preparation for entry into the feedlot. FULL STORY »
- Is there a right to farm?
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Food Babe visits my university
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- Farmers’ biggest issue may be consumer expectations in the future