Allison Van Eenennaam, University of California-Davis beef geneticist, talks about research on sire prolificacy and how DNA can aid in finding the bulls that make a ranch the most money.
How prolific are your sires?
- Is there a right to farm?
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Food Babe visits my university
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- Farmers’ biggest issue may be consumer expectations in the future