Barb Downey operates a commercial and registered Angus herd in Kansas. Affected by ongoing drought, she discusses what she and husband Joe Carpenter have done to preserve the herd they've worked so hard to build up over the past few decades.
Preserving genetics during drought
- Armyworms could be big issue for grain sorghum producers
- U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance launches new campaign
- Meat production industry strains land and water resources
- Most ag markets held up surprisingly well Tuesday
- Farm-based nitrogen is unavoidable but can be minimized
- Montana Livestock Department faces $400K budget shortfall