Dr. Nevil Speer recently wrote a white paper titled, "Crossbreeding: Considerations and Alternatives in an Evolving Market," which explores how the beef industry has shifted from a commodity orientation to a value-added focus. In this interview, he discusses what that means or cattle producers today -- and how they can prepare for the opportunities of tomorrow.
Dr. Nevil Speer on crossbreeding, straightbreeding
Your browser requires the latest version of Adobe Flash to view this video. Upgrade by clicking below:
No matching related articles at this time.
- Post-tornado composting a solution for disposal of dead livestock
- Cornell genetic testing process cuts cost by up to 75 percent
- Angus Foundation receives $28,500 from “The Card Challenge”
- Commentary: In praise of animal foods
- 100K Pathogen Genome Project maps first genomes
- Beef exports depend on quality reputation
- Michigan hay buyers should plan purchases early
- New animal identification rules aid disease traceability
- Seven jobs more dangerous than farming
- Survey reveals most Americans in favor of COOL
- Corn planting pace turns from record slow to record fast
- U.S. cattle placements rise in April as feed costs subside