Barb Downey operates a commercial and registered Angus herd in Kansas. Affected by ongoing drought, she discusses what she and husband Joe Carpenter have done to preserve the herd they've worked so hard to build up over the past few decades.
Preserving genetics during drought
- NIAA Antibiotics Use and Resistance Symposium nears
- K-State conference focuses on antibiotic regulations
- Considerations to determine whether to retain heifer calves
- Minimizing storage loss on hay
- Fall-applied herbicides: Which weed species should be the target?
- Hogs were the exception to the bullish rule Thursday