Barb Downey operates a commercial and registered Angus herd in Kansas. Affected by ongoing drought, she discusses what she and husband Joe Carpenter have done to preserve the herd they've worked so hard to build up over the past few decades.
Preserving genetics during drought
- Feeder Cattle Review: Bullish cattle-on-feed report fuels fire
- Okla. Attorney General keeps pressure on HSUS
- Mid-year inventory shows further declines in cattle numbers
- Herd rebuilding will be a slow process
- Cattle Outlook: Fed cattle prices set new records
- It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a mobile shade machine?