Cattle Breeds: Gelbvieh Bulls Bring Top Dollar At Midland
At the end of three days of selling approximately 750 bulls and after compiling all the sale reports, the Gelbvieh bulls at the 2010 Midland Bull Test proved to meet commercial producer demand.
FULL STORY »
Cattle Breeds: Gelbvieh Breeder Helps Rwandan Livestock Vets
As a sector veterinarian practicing near Rwanda's Volcano National Park, Immaculée Mukamusoni used to walk as many as 22 kilometers a day to visit her patients, mostly sheep, goats, and cattle. The petite vet looks after some 1,700 farms in her region, Mulinga Sector of Nyabihu District, giving council to farmers, vaccinating and treating sick or injured animals, and performing artificial insemination on cattle.
FULL STORY »
- Herd rebuilding will be a slow process
- Crop markets generally strong at midday Monday
- Genetics, environment influence cattle hair shedding
- It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a mobile shade machine?
- U.S. gasoline prices tumble on back of refinery cuts
- UNL’s Gudmundsen Sandhills Laboratory plans open house
- Feeder Cattle Review: Bullish cattle-on-feed report fuels fire
- Mid-year inventory shows further declines in cattle numbers
- Cattle Outlook: Fed cattle prices set new records
- Commentary: Talkin’ turkey
- Crop markets are starting the week on a generally firm note
- Okla. Attorney General keeps pressure on HSUS