Warren Weibert and his team at Decatur County Feed Yard have collected individual performance and carcass data on 185,000 cattle, showing that genetic selection for feed efficiency can dramatically impact profits. For more information, read “Traits that pay in the feedyard.”
Feed efficiency pays in the feedyard
- Is there a right to farm?
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Food Babe visits my university
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- Farmers’ biggest issue may be consumer expectations in the future