Warren Weibert and his team at Decatur County Feed Yard have collected individual performance and carcass data on 185,000 cattle, showing that genetic selection for feed efficiency can dramatically impact profits. For more information, read “Traits that pay in the feedyard.”
Feed efficiency pays in the feedyard
- Commentary: Smoking or meat-eating?
- Feeder cattle review: Weather, light receipts limit market action
- Control weeds now for better pastures this summer
- Cattle Outlook: Boxed beef prices advance, fed prices retract
- Using the “Nebraska advantage” to grow the livestock industry
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan