Warren Weibert and his team at Decatur County Feed Yard have collected individual performance and carcass data on 185,000 cattle, showing that genetic selection for feed efficiency can dramatically impact profits. For more information, read “Traits that pay in the feedyard.”
Feed efficiency pays in the feedyard
- Will corn be a viable option for backgrounders this fall?
- Tumbling livestock quotes led ag commodites lower Wednesday
- Kan. veterinarians get soaked in Ice Bucket Challenge
- Boxers or Briefs? Underwear buried to demonstrate unhealthy soil
- EPA, Corps hijack Clean Water Act to expand regulatory authority
- Grazing after the growing season