Several factors play into the choices you make for mastitis treatment, including:
• Individual cow health history
• Somatic cell counts
• Culturing and pathogen identification
• Herd health records
• Mastitis event data
Enhance your milk quality and increase successful treatment outcomes by sticking to the basics — keeping records, culturing and appropriately targeting your mastitis treatment.
This month on www.milkqualityfocus.com — Work smarter, not harder: Targeting mastitis treatment for better outcomes. Visit the site for insight from three veterinarians on ways to make mastitis therapy choices with milk quality in mind.
Targeting Mastitis Treatment For Better Outcomes
- Proactive heifer parasite control helps long-term profitability
- Case Study: Close gaps in your vaccination program
- Commentary: The Big Fat Surprise: Part IV
- Fall tillers not free forage
- Corn prices expected higher, could pressure fed cattle bids
- Most crop futures are starting Thursday on a strong note