Optibrand launches livestock retinal images, data collection
Optibrand has announced the launch of ClearView ID, which is its next generation retinal imaging system for capturing livestock retinal images, other animal identification, and production data. FULL STORY »
Animal disease traceability: knowing an animal’s path
On August 9, 2011, USDA issued a proposed rule to establish minimum national official identification and documentation requirements for the traceability of livestock moving interstate. FULL STORY »
NCBA’s Cattlemen to Cattlemen to review traceability proposal
NCBA’s Cattlemen to Cattlemen will take a look at the proposed animal disease traceability program during a live call-in show on Tues., Dec. 13, 2011. FULL STORY »
Comment deadline extended for animal traceability rule
The USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service has extended the comment period for the proposed rule on animal disease traceability. Input received on or before December 9 will be considered. FULL STORY »
Deadline for public comments on new animal ID rule extended
The USDA announced that it was extending the deadline for public comments on its proposed rule for mandatory animal traceability, following a request by forty-nine organizations for a deadline extension. The public comment period deadline is extended to December 9, 2011. FULL STORY »
- Crop markets quite mixed after WASDE report
- USDA raises corn export forecast by 25 million bushels
- Funding drought curbs Australia's "food bowl to Asia" ambitions
- Jolley: Quick! What the hell are we eating?
- D.C. Watch: Apply for disaster assistance by April 15
- FDA lacks clarity in trans fats phase-out process
- Implementation of 2014 Farm Bill allows farmers time for choices
- Commentary: Smoking or meat-eating?
- Using the “Nebraska advantage” to grow the livestock industry
- Research shows cows aren’t crying wolf
- Cattle Outlook: Boxed beef prices advance, fed prices retract
- Control weeds now for better pastures this summer
Pro Twin Slinger
Kuhn North America Inc.