Direct Slaughter Cattle - Formulated Purchases - Afternoon
LM_CT108 St. Joseph, MO Fri, Jan 21, 2011 USDA Market News NATIONAL DAILY DIRECT SLAUGHTER CATTLE REPORT - FORMULATED AND GRID PURCHASES - Cattle Priced FULL STORY »
US CATTLE: Profit Taking Weighs On Futures Prices
Cattle futures markets Friday ended lower amid active profit taking ahead of the U.S. Department of Agriculture's monthly cattle-on-feed report.
February live cattle settled at $1.0795 a pound, down 0.70 cent a pound, or 0.64%, on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange, while April was off 0.77 cent, or 0.69%, at $1.1267. FULL STORY »
The CattleBoard: Boxed Beef & Carcass Price Reach 27-Day Highs
Boxed beef finishes the week on a 27-day high, increasing by 71 cents to $173.52. The cutter cow cutout also improved. Feeder cattle increase by 5 cents to $126.35 even as corn jumps 3 cents to $6.57.
FULL STORY »
Cutter Cow Cutout & Boxed Cow Beef Cuts - Afternoon
LM_XB405 Des Moines, IA Fri, Jan 21, 2011 USDA Market News NATIONAL FULL STORY »
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- Rabobank projects substantial growth in Brazil feedlot sector
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- Grazing conference to help producers learn to improve land
- Eating certain fats might offset some heart risk from weight gain