Jesse Larios, manager of Foster Feedyard, a 40,000-head operation in southern California, takes every opportunity to visit with consumers and tell them about beef production. At the recent Cattle Feeders Hall of Fame banquet, he explains how he engages consumers, shows pride in his profession and promotes beef.
Telling the beef story
- “Using farmers as educators, not mascots”
- Saving the lesser prairie chicken: What landowners should know
- Cattle and beef markets so far in 2014
- Marbling and functional cows
- Do distillers grains work In cattle rations at today’s prices?
- Cattle pot overturns in Fort Worth, killing at least a dozen head