Sid Thakur, MVS, PhD, with the College of Veterinary Medicine at North Carolina State University, outlines his research into pathogen populations, and antimicrobial resistance, at different livestock-production stages. He finds considerable changes in the types of pathogens present as animals move from farms, through markets and into slaughter facilities.
Environment’s role in pathogen populations
- Will corn be a viable option for backgrounders this fall?
- Tumbling livestock quotes led ag commodites lower Wednesday
- Kan. veterinarians get soaked in Ice Bucket Challenge
- Boxers or Briefs? Underwear buried to demonstrate unhealthy soil
- EPA, Corps hijack Clean Water Act to expand regulatory authority
- Grazing after the growing season