Sid Thakur, MVS, PhD, with the College of Veterinary Medicine at North Carolina State University, outlines his research into pathogen populations, and antimicrobial resistance, at different livestock-production stages. He finds considerable changes in the types of pathogens present as animals move from farms, through markets and into slaughter facilities.
Environment’s role in pathogen populations
- Feeder Cattle Review: Bullish cattle-on-feed report fuels fire
- Cattle Outlook: Fed cattle prices set new records
- Mid-year inventory shows further declines in cattle numbers
- Ag futures ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Ag markets remained quite mixed at noon Friday
- Building beef cow herd requires quality management and genetics