Sid Thakur, MVS, PhD, with the College of Veterinary Medicine at North Carolina State University, outlines his research into pathogen populations, and antimicrobial resistance, at different livestock-production stages. He finds considerable changes in the types of pathogens present as animals move from farms, through markets and into slaughter facilities.
Environment’s role in pathogen populations
- Society for Range Management annual Texas meeting set for Oct.7-9
- Blasingame Chair: Reviewing the past and looking to the future
- Ag markets ended Tuesday mostly lower
- Beef Marketing Group created to help producers sell cattle
- Islamic State uses agriculture to tighten grip in Iraq
- Texas A&M Extension offers private pesticide applicator training