Sid Thakur, MVS, PhD, with the College of Veterinary Medicine at North Carolina State University, outlines his research into pathogen populations, and antimicrobial resistance, at different livestock-production stages. He finds considerable changes in the types of pathogens present as animals move from farms, through markets and into slaughter facilities.
Environment’s role in pathogen populations
- Most crop futures are starting Thursday on a strong note
- Harvest delays increase odds of yield loss for corn growers
- Learning how calves perform post weaning
- Purdue experts to address changing ag market conditions
- New book delves into ‘Depolarizing Food and Agriculture’
- Surging soy prices sparked a broad crop-market advance Wednesday