Sid Thakur, MVS, PhD, with the College of Veterinary Medicine at North Carolina State University, outlines his research into pathogen populations, and antimicrobial resistance, at different livestock-production stages. He finds considerable changes in the types of pathogens present as animals move from farms, through markets and into slaughter facilities.
Environment’s role in pathogen populations
- Ohio Cattlemen's Roundup tours Clark County - September 5-6
- Ag markets proved quite mixed Tuesday night
- USDA reports confirm tight cattle supplies
- Fall armyworms on the march early due to unseasonable rains
- Cattle Feeders Hall of Fame: Sealed with a handshake
- Cattle Feeders Hall of Fame: From coin flip to cattle empire