Calf prices higher, feeders steady
Increased moisture in the West and Southwest has improved grazing prospects supporting stocker prices during November. According to Drovers' 50-market summary, steer calves 400 to 500 pounds averaged $103.22 per hundredweight. Feeder steers, 600 to 700 pounds were mostly steady at $86.82 per hundredweight. Heifer calves weighing 400 to 500 pounds sold for $92.48 per hundred- weight, up $2. Yearling heifers averaged $79.22 per hundredweight. Calf prices will trend higher in January. The corn market will largely determine the amount of price risk for feeder cattle in the new year.
- Natural gas, Henry Hub prices fall
- White House Rural Council to invest $10 billion for job-creation
- Bears made presence felt in the ag markets Thursday afternoon
- Drones draw interest to crop scouting and other new farm uses
- How is antibiotic use going to change under proposals by the FDA
- Commentary: Bashing beef