Calf prices higher, feeders steady
Increased moisture in the West and Southwest has improved grazing prospects supporting stocker prices during November. According to Drovers' 50-market summary, steer calves 400 to 500 pounds averaged $103.22 per hundredweight. Feeder steers, 600 to 700 pounds were mostly steady at $86.82 per hundredweight. Heifer calves weighing 400 to 500 pounds sold for $92.48 per hundred- weight, up $2. Yearling heifers averaged $79.22 per hundredweight. Calf prices will trend higher in January. The corn market will largely determine the amount of price risk for feeder cattle in the new year.
No matching related articles at this time.
- Commentary: New rules un-COOL
- Former Eastern Livestock CEO, CFO sentenced for federal crimes
- TSCRA works with sale barns to catch Houston cattle thief
- More beef cows in worst drought regions than a year ago
- NASA backs 3D food printer to feed growing population
- Post-tornado composting a solution for disposal of dead livestock