Calf prices higher, feeders steady
Increased moisture in the West and Southwest has improved grazing prospects supporting stocker prices during November. According to Drovers' 50-market summary, steer calves 400 to 500 pounds averaged $103.22 per hundredweight. Feeder steers, 600 to 700 pounds were mostly steady at $86.82 per hundredweight. Heifer calves weighing 400 to 500 pounds sold for $92.48 per hundred- weight, up $2. Yearling heifers averaged $79.22 per hundredweight. Calf prices will trend higher in January. The corn market will largely determine the amount of price risk for feeder cattle in the new year.
- FDA plans webinar on antiparasitic resistance
- Commentary: Activists claiming victory
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- 2015 fiscal agriculture exports projected down from 2014
- Feeder Cattle Review: Cattle traded 'unevenly steady' this week
- Beef association president comments on beef from Argentina