Cow maintenance represents a considerable cost to ranchers, but today’s technology could offer alternatives. George Seidel, PhD., a Colorado State University distinguished professor and rancher, describes a system using sexed semen to breed an all-heifer herd and marketing heifers as feeder cattle once they’ve weaned their first calf.
Drop the cow from cow-calf production?
- Drought wars: Calif. drought vs. Dust Bowl
- Thursday's export data had mixed crop market implications
- Corn grain moisture discount: Why and how much?
- Canadian cattle producers to benefit from agreement with U.S.
- Certified Hereford Beef volume surpasses 50 million lb. sold
- Commentary: Jolley: Has the king of meats forfeited its crown?