Cow maintenance represents a considerable cost to ranchers, but today’s technology could offer alternatives. George Seidel, PhD., a Colorado State University distinguished professor and rancher, describes a system using sexed semen to breed an all-heifer herd and marketing heifers as feeder cattle once they’ve weaned their first calf.
Drop the cow from cow-calf production?
- Defiant Nevada rancher wins ‘range war’ with feds…for now
- Jolley: The feds have been bundied
- Northeast started 2014 by “Livin’ Lean. Lovin’ Beef”
- Minimizing the risks of fescue toxicosis in cattle
- Ukraine-Russia situation clearly supporting the crop markets
- Jolley: Five minutes with CSPI's bad science