Oklahoma rancher Joe Mayer knows it's hard to tell genetic merit just by looking at an animal's appearance. That's why he documents genetics and recently began using DNA tests to help with breeding decisions.
Progress in high gear
- Is there a right to farm?
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Food Babe visits my university
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- Farmers’ biggest issue may be consumer expectations in the future