Oklahoma rancher Joe Mayer knows it's hard to tell genetic merit just by looking at an animal's appearance. That's why he documents genetics and recently began using DNA tests to help with breeding decisions.
Progress in high gear
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- Rabobank projects substantial growth in Brazil feedlot sector
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- Grazing conference to help producers learn to improve land
- Eating certain fats might offset some heart risk from weight gain