Oklahoma rancher Joe Mayer knows it's hard to tell genetic merit just by looking at an animal's appearance. That's why he documents genetics and recently began using DNA tests to help with breeding decisions.
Progress in high gear
Your browser requires the latest version of Adobe Flash to view this video. Upgrade by clicking below:
- Proposal could put U.S. cattle herd at risk of FMD
- Water Police, part four: EPA's definition of 'adjacent waters'
- Transitioning newly purchased bulls
- Potential impact of climate change on rangeland plants
- Ag markets diverged Wednesday morning
- U.S. steps up trade pressure on Japan ahead of Obama visit