Controlling flies on pastured cattle
With record setting temperatures this spring insects are making an earlier appearance this year. Horn flies, face flies and even stable flies have been observed on grazing animals recently. FULL STORY »
Are flies bugging your cattle?
Every spring, our thoughts turn from calving season to breeding season, green grass, rainy days and warmer temperatures. But with the growing pastures and pleasant temperatures come some disadvantages as well - fly season is upon us. FULL STORY »
Ohio State to host informational meeting on bovine anaplasmosis
A little-known, potentially fatal cattle disease is being reported to Ohio veterinarians, indicating a need for producer education, a pair of Ohio State University Extension experts say. FULL STORY »
Fly control for California cattle
Cattle pests, such as flies, cost cattlemen both in treatment expenditures and in lost production, due to irritation of the pests and the diseases they cause or transmit. FULL STORY »
- U.S. cattle placements rise in April as feed costs subside
- Insects. They’re what’s for dinner!
- The relationship between retail gasoline prices and futures prices
- Texas ranchers & cattlemen purchase South Texas beef processor
- New school lunch beef recipes win approval from kids, foodservice
- Drought losses in Oklahoma top $400 million for 2012