Dave Nichols says 2013 proved to be a record year for bull sales at Nichols Farms. He says customers are focused on breeding programs rather than individual animals, and that he found many new customers in their 30s and early 40s who are starting new cow herds.
Bull sales and trends at Nichols Farms
- Feeder Cattle Review: Bullish cattle-on-feed report fuels fire
- Okla. Attorney General keeps pressure on HSUS
- Mid-year inventory shows further declines in cattle numbers
- High cattle prices, availability of replacement cows persist
- Herd rebuilding will be a slow process
- Cattle Outlook: Fed cattle prices set new records