Fertility is one of the most economically important traits in the cow herd, but can you improve it through genetic selection? Yes, says Lee Leachman of Leachman Cattle of Colorado. However, selecting directly for traits directly related to fertility can be a slow process, while crossbreeding can bring rapid improvement.
Can you select for fertility?
No matching related articles at this time.
- New school lunch beef recipes win approval from kids, foodservice
- Prices for corn and soybeans, five years from now
- Drier weather to give big boost to U.S. corn plantings
- The relationship between retail gasoline prices and futures prices
- Domestic ethanol production starts to grow again
- Agriculture is expected to remain strong in the coming decade