Cow maintenance represents a considerable cost to ranchers, but today’s technology could offer alternatives. George Seidel, PhD., a Colorado State University distinguished professor and rancher, describes a system using sexed semen to breed an all-heifer herd and marketing heifers as feeder cattle once they’ve weaned their first calf.
Drop the cow from cow-calf production?
- 300 Days of Grazing field day set for Nov. 18 at SWREC
- Surging soy, U.S. dollar quotes highlight Friday futures trading
- Emergency preparedness workshops planned for livestock operations
- Ohio State offers commercial pesticide applicator recertification
- Red Angus selection indices estimate profitability
- Ag conservation publication available from Purdue Extension