Cow maintenance represents a considerable cost to ranchers, but today’s technology could offer alternatives. George Seidel, PhD., a Colorado State University distinguished professor and rancher, describes a system using sexed semen to breed an all-heifer herd and marketing heifers as feeder cattle once they’ve weaned their first calf.
Drop the cow from cow-calf production?
- Bigger predators, bigger dogs
- Legislation would block EPA from releasing producer information
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Alltech’s 30th Symposium explores health potential of algae
- Beef Industry Food Safety Council hosts annual Safety Summit
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
AM11 Series Manure Fork