Cow maintenance represents a considerable cost to ranchers, but today’s technology could offer alternatives. George Seidel, PhD., a Colorado State University distinguished professor and rancher, describes a system using sexed semen to breed an all-heifer herd and marketing heifers as feeder cattle once they’ve weaned their first calf.
Drop the cow from cow-calf production?
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- State cattlemen’s groups to USDA: Hands off the checkoff
- Six universities launch animal ag industry climate change website
- Rabobank projects substantial growth in Brazil feedlot sector
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges