The dollar-beef ($B) index helps cattlemen select for cattle that perform and grade. Megan Rolf, Oklahoma State University animal scientist, discusses how to use such selection indexes effectively.
- Cause of California drought linked to climate change
- Sorting cows for more efficient winter supplemental feeding
- The new GMO concern: Superweeds
- Hay quality and supplemental feeding for cattle
- Not so fast on plans to import beef from Brazil, Argentina
- Beef pricing worksheet for producers considering direct marketing