We talk with Dave Lalman and Marley Beem about ponds impacted by drought. Discussion includes cattle water requirements, water quality tests, livestock management options when water is low, fish and wildlife concerns, and pond maintenance.
Drought stricken ponds
- Cause of California drought linked to climate change
- Sorting cows for more efficient winter supplemental feeding
- The new GMO concern: Superweeds
- Hay quality and supplemental feeding for cattle
- Not so fast on plans to import beef from Brazil, Argentina
- Beef pricing worksheet for producers considering direct marketing