Beef (check), bacon (check), beer (check.) Be prepared for the best burger you've ever eaten.
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 4 extra-thick slices Maplewood smoked bacon, cut in half, cooked crisp
- Combine Ground Beef, beer and Worcestershire sauce in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place buns, cut-side down, on grid. Grill until lightly toasted. During last minute of grilling, top each burger with cheese.
- Place burgers on bottom of buns; top with bacon slices. Close sandwiches.
- Test Kitchen Tips
- Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
For more recipes, visit www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com