Back with us for the final time in this three-part series are two of the authors of the beef checkoff-commissioned Demand Determinant Study, Dr. Ted Schroeder and Dr. Glynn Tonsor. In today’s report, the two talk about the most important demand drivers on which the beef industry should focus to have the most compelling effects on beef demand in the long term. We begin with Dr. Schroeder as he addresses food safety.
- U.S. cattle industry grapples with quality versus quantity
- Accelerating harvesting depressed crop futures Sunday night
- Feeder Cattle Review: Yearling feeder prices uneven
- BVD: Exploring eradication
- Grain and dairy producers can get commodity marketing update
- Cattle Outlook: Fed cattle prices steady, volume heavy this week
- Eating certain fats might offset some heart risk from weight gain
- Should consumers insist on "antibiotic free" meat?
- Drought conditions improve in parts of U.S.
- Steers and lower corn prices boost cattle dressed weights
- NCBA vows to fight USDA plan to create 2nd beef checkoff program
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation