Back with us for the final time in this three-part series are two of the authors of the beef checkoff-commissioned Demand Determinant Study, Dr. Ted Schroeder and Dr. Glynn Tonsor. In today’s report, the two talk about the most important demand drivers on which the beef industry should focus to have the most compelling effects on beef demand in the long term. We begin with Dr. Schroeder as he addresses food safety.
- Cause of California drought linked to climate change
- Sorting cows for more efficient winter supplemental feeding
- The new GMO concern: Superweeds
- Hay quality and supplemental feeding for cattle
- Not so fast on plans to import beef from Brazil, Argentina
- Beef pricing worksheet for producers considering direct marketing