One-half of the beef sold in the U.S. is served at restaurants, but it takes work to keep it on the menu, especially as supplies get tighter and prices go higher. Recently, the Beef Checkoff sponsored an event to help some of the nation's top chefs explore creative ways to put beef on restaurant menus. Brian Baxter has more in this report from California.
Beef. It's what's on the menu.
- Feeder Cattle Review: Bullish cattle-on-feed report fuels fire
- Okla. Attorney General keeps pressure on HSUS
- Mid-year inventory shows further declines in cattle numbers
- Herd rebuilding will be a slow process
- High cattle prices, availability of replacement cows persist
- Cattle Outlook: Fed cattle prices set new records