Participants at the 2013 Cattle Industry Convention gathered today to hear the results of the first-ever Beef Industry Sustainability Assessment. The assessment, which was funded by the Beef Checkoff Program, marks the first time any industry has ever measured the sustainability of its entire supply chain. This important work positions the beef industry to lead the conversations about industry sustainability.
Beef sustainability assessment
Your browser requires the latest version of Adobe Flash to view this video. Upgrade by clicking below:
- Buckle your seatbelt for the House consideration of the farm bill
- Schwieterman: Higher new crop corn pressures cattle futures
- Oil gains on lower U.S. stockpile, all eyes on Fed
- New ads emphasize agriculture’s role in economic recovery
- Ag markets were generally mixed overnight trading
- Winterkill losses put pressure on forage supplies
- 3,000 pounds of copper wire stolen from Oklahoma ranch
- Will Smith dethroned in latest Peterson Farm Bros. parody
- Changes in U.S.-Mexican cattle and beef trade
- Peterson Brothers: What summer vacation?
- Crude oil expected to peak and cost of electricity to go down
- Experts weigh in on lowest beef supply in 60 years