Make a rub from thyme, oregano, lemon and garlic for big flavor on Strip steak.
- Total Recipe Time: 35 to 40 minutes
- Makes 4 servings
- 2 boneless beef Strip steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine Seasoning ingredients in small bowl; reserve 2 teaspoons for garnish. Press remaining seasoning evenly onto beef steaks.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 11 to 15 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steaks into slices. Sprinkle with reserved seasoning and salt, as desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 219 calories; 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 84 mg cholesterol; 64 mg sodium; 1 g carbohydrate; 0.4 g fiber; 31 g protein; 8.9 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 1.8 mcg vitamin B12; 2.2 mg iron; 36.2 mcg selenium; 5.8 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron.
For more recipes, visit www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com