Total recipe time: 1 to 1-1/4 hours
Makes 30 appetizers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 15 baby sweet bell peppers (about 2-1/2 to 3 inches long, about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 2/3 cup regular or spicy 100% vegetable juice
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup uncooked whole wheat or regular couscous
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded Parmesan, Monterey Jack, white Cheddar or Italian-blend cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F. Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membranes, but not stem. Place peppers, cut-sides up, on two rimmed baking sheets.
- Combine ground beef, vegetable juice, spinach, couscous, garlic, oregano, salt and black pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Spoon beef mixture evenly into peppers. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, in 400°F oven 25 to 30 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted into center of pepper registers 160°F and peppers begin to brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
For more recipes visit www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com.