Total recipe time: 25 to 30 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound beef bottom round steaks, cut 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced sodium black beans, rinsed, drained, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 small corn or flour tortillas (5 to 6-inch diameter), warmed
- Thinly sliced lettuce, sliced avocado, chopped tomato, salsa, crumbled queso fresco and cilantro leaves (optional)
- Combine 1/2 cup salsa, chili powder and 1 teaspoon cumin. Place beef steaks and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Combine 1 cup beans, remaining 1/2 cup salsa and 1/2 teaspoon cumin in medium microwave-safe bowl. Mash with fork into chunky paste. Cover and microwave on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until hot, stirring once. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat 1-1/2 teaspoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Cooking in batches, place steaks in skillet (do not overcrowd) and cook 2 to 3 minutes for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning once. (Do not overcook.) Remove steaks from skillet; keep warm. Repeat with remaining steaks and oil.
- Spread bean mixture evenly on tortillas. Cut steaks into 4 pieces each and divide evenly among tortillas. Top beef with remaining beans and Toppings, as desired. Fold tortillas in half to serve.