Total recipe time: 2 to 2-1/2 hours
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 2 pounds beef for stew, cut into 1 to 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package (5.5 to 8 ounces) mushroom or cheese risotto mix
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Combine beef, water and garlic in stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-3/4 hours.
- Stir in contents of risotto mix package omitting butter or oil; continue simmering, covered, 18 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender and beef is fork-tender. Stir in peas; remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in cheese. Serve with additional cheese, if desired.
For more recipes, visit www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com