Janice and her husband Jake were both raised on beef/grain farms in Ohio. They built a house on the farm and wanting something of their own, bought a feed yard in central Nebraska. Janice taught Agriculture and Welding in Nebraska and Jake operated the feed yard before moving back to eastern Ohio to buy and run cows.
Janice Wolfinger, Faces of Farming and Ranching finalist
- Study claims beef worse for environment than pork, poultry
- Commentary: When veggie meets carnivore
- Time to send a clear message to EPA
- USDA proposes stricter meat grinding recordkeeping requirements
- BeefTalk: Is there a place for cows in the future?
- Jolley: Cargill does good, KAW coughs up a hairball