Have You Herd…
… “Like” MyBeefCheckoff on Facebook for the latest news and updates.
… Continue to enjoy beef this summer – and year-round.
… Click here for barbecue sauce and beef-cut information, and an exclusive grilled sirloin steak recipe with Moroccan flair!
Beef Twitter Party
The Twitterverse caught on fire with a beef checkoff-funded #BeefSizzles Twitter Party with moms across the nation on July 2, 2013. Participants followed hashtag #BeefSizzles and @Momhatescooking and engaged in conversations about beef on the grill.
Two hours after the event, there had been 4,069 tweets. Of those, 47 percent (1,907) were retweeted. The party resulted in 4.2 million social media impressions with 86 percent from females, and 98.5 percent from the U.S. (largest state representation: Texas (15.12 percent), Florida (13.18 percent) followed by Pennsylvania, Oklahoma, Tennessee and California, all with about 7.5 percent).
“Beef. It’s Just How It’s Done.”
When you want to grill a steak, grill a steak, because face it: Nothing sizzles like steak.
Consumer research shows tht when we sit down to enjoy the moments that really matter, beef on the grill is just how it’s done.
- 65 percent of men prefer beef over chicken (26 percent) and pork (7 percent)
- 62 percent of women prefer beef over chicken (30 percent) and pork (7 percent).2
- More than half of Americans surveyed believe serving steak to someone best says “I love you.” Americans ranked steak at 51 percent, followed by chicken and fish (9 percent each) and pork (3 percen).1
- 87 percent of Americans grill outdoors and, when they do, beef is their favorite meat (63 percent).2
- A recent grilling study revealed that nearly two out of three Americans choose beef as the ONE meat they grill most often: Beef (63 percent), chicken (29 percent), pork (7 percent) and ish/seafood (1 percent).2
- Steak (34 percent) was chosen more than any other meat as having the potential to drive someone crazy with its aroma, compared with pork ribs (15 percent), chicken (9 percent) or fish (7 percnt).1
For about 150 calories, a 3-oz serving of lean beef provides 10 essential nutrients and keeps today’s familiesy fueled with simply great food and a variety of high-value choices.
- Lean beef is a high-quality protein and a top source for readily absorbable iron and zinc.3,4,5