Slow Cooker Beef Short Ribs with Ginger-Mango Barbecue Sauce
Total Recipe Time: High Setting: 5-1/4 to 6-1/4 hours; Low Setting: 7-3/4 to 8-3/4 hours
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- Total Recipe Time: High Setting: 5-1/4 to 6-1/4 hours; Low Setting: 7-3/4 to 8-3/4 hours
- Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 2 pounds beef Short Ribs Boneless, cut 2 x 2 x 4-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups diced fresh or drained jarred mango
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup hickory-flavored barbecue sauce
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SLOW COOKER BEEF SHORT RIBS WITH GINGER-MANGO BARBECUE SAUCE
- Place beef short ribs, mango, onion and ginger in 3-1/2 to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker. Add barbecue sauce. Cover and cook on LOW 7-1/2 to 8-1/2 hours, or on HIGH 5 to 6 hours, or until beef is fork-tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.)
- Remove short ribs, season with salt and pepper, as desired. Skim fat from cooking liquid; serve over short ribs.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION FOR SLOW COOKER BEEF SHORT RIBS WITH GINGER-MANGO BARBECUE SAUCE
Nutrition information per serving (1/4 of recipe): 390 calories; 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat; 9 g monounsaturated fat); 99 mg cholesterol; 704 mg sodium; 2 g carbohydrate; 1.9 g fiber; 34 g protein; 3.8 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 3.7 mcg vitamin B12; 3.8 mg iron; 23.9 mcg selenium; 8.3 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of niacin.
Nutrition information per serving (1/6 of recipe): 260 calories; 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat; 6 g monounsaturated fat); 66 mg cholesterol; 470 mg sodium; 14 g carbohydrate; 1.3 g fiber; 22 g protein; 2.5 mg niacin; 0.3 mg vitamin B6; 2.5 mcg vitamin B12; 2.5 mg iron; 15.9 mcg selenium; 5.6 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of niacin, vitamin B6 and iron.