The beef industry has improved its sustainability by 5 percent in just six years according to the recently released results of the checkoff-funded Beef Industry Sustainability Assessment. Kim Stackouse-Lawson, Ph.D., director of sustainability for the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association, contractor to the Beef Checkoff Program, tells us where these improvements have been seen.
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- Feeder Cattle Review: Yearling feeder prices uneven
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- U.S. Cattlemen's Association continues to support COOL
- Is there a right to farm?
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- State cattlemen’s groups to USDA: Hands off the checkoff
- Six universities launch animal ag industry climate change website
- Commentary: Veggie burger vs. dog food
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- Rabobank projects substantial growth in Brazil feedlot sector