The National Pork Board and Beef Checkoff Program received unanimous approval to introduce updated Uniform Retail Meat Identification Standards (URMIS) nomenclature for fresh beef and pork for retailers to use on pack. Trevor Amen, director of market intelligence, B2B marketing, for the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association (NCBA), contractor to the Beef Checkoff Program, gives us an overview of the system and how it has changed.
New naming system for beef and pork at retail
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- State cattlemen’s groups to USDA: Hands off the checkoff
- Six universities launch animal ag industry climate change website
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- Rabobank projects substantial growth in Brazil feedlot sector