The National Pork Board and Beef Checkoff Program received unanimous approval to introduce updated Uniform Retail Meat Identification Standards (URMIS) nomenclature for fresh beef and pork for retailers to use on pack. Trevor Amen, director of market intelligence, B2B marketing, for the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association (NCBA), contractor to the Beef Checkoff Program, gives us an overview of the system and how it has changed.
New naming system for beef and pork at retail
- Is there a right to farm?
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Food Babe visits my university
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- Farmers’ biggest issue may be consumer expectations in the future