The National Pork Board and Beef Checkoff Program received unanimous approval to introduce updated Uniform Retail Meat Identification Standards (URMIS) nomenclature for fresh beef and pork for retailers to use on pack. Trevor Amen, director of market intelligence, B2B marketing, for the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association (NCBA), contractor to the Beef Checkoff Program, gives us an overview of the system and how it has changed.
New naming system for beef and pork at retail
- Most crop futures are starting Thursday on a strong note
- Harvest delays increase odds of yield loss for corn growers
- Learning how calves perform post weaning
- Purdue experts to address changing ag market conditions
- New book delves into ‘Depolarizing Food and Agriculture’
- Surging soy prices sparked a broad crop-market advance Wednesday