The National Pork Board and Beef Checkoff Program received unanimous approval to introduce updated Uniform Retail Meat Identification Standards (URMIS) nomenclature for fresh beef and pork for retailers to use on pack. Trevor Amen, director of market intelligence, B2B marketing, for the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association (NCBA), contractor to the Beef Checkoff Program, gives us an overview of the system and how it has changed.
New naming system for beef and pork at retail
- Commentary: A new counter to GMO haters
- Meat production strains land and water resources, researchers say
- Children's livestock shows have become about competition, money
- Female markets soar during August
- It’s only natural, but what does that mean?
- Food supplement to improve cattle digestive system in the works