A program from the University of Kentucky College of Agriculture is having success for beef producers involving birth weight and weaning weight. It's working for Mike Wilson, a cow-calf producer, in Anderson County, Kentucky.
UK beef study: Birth/weaning weight
- Feeder Cattle Review: Bullish cattle-on-feed report fuels fire
- Cattle Outlook: Fed cattle prices set new records
- Mid-year inventory shows further declines in cattle numbers
- Ag futures ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Ag markets remained quite mixed at noon Friday
- Building beef cow herd requires quality management and genetics