Getting cows through a drought in good body condition is crucial for both the cowherd and its progeny, according to Scott Lake, Extension livestock specialist for the University of Wyoming.
Feed cows to get them through drought
- Feeder Cattle Review: Bullish cattle-on-feed report fuels fire
- Cattle Outlook: Fed cattle prices set new records
- Mid-year inventory shows further declines in cattle numbers
- Ag futures ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Ag markets remained quite mixed at noon Friday
- Building beef cow herd requires quality management and genetics