Total time: 30 minutes
Makes 8-10 Servings
- 4-5 pounds filet of beef, trimmed and tied
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
Instructions for Filet of Beef (Beef Tenderloin Whole)
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Place the beef on a sheet pan and pat the outside dry with a paper towel.
- Spread the butter on with your hands.
- Sprinkle evenly with the salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for exactly 22 minutes for rare and 25 minutes for medium-rare.
- Remove the beef from the oven, cover it tightly with aluminum foil, and allow it to rest at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Remove the strings and slice the fillet thickly.
- Note: Be sure your oven is very clean or the high temperature will cause it to smoke.
Find more great beef recipes at food.com