Liven up your toast with this smoky, sweet and spicy treat. Recipe from Thrillist.com.
#MeatMonday: Jerky jam
Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Yield: 1 ½ cups
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 ounces jerky, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup coffee
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pour oil into a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until onions are translucent, about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 cup hot water, coffee, vinegar, maple syrup, sugar, Sriracha, and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the saucepan along with the jerky; bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, and cook for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Transfer jam to a food processor and pulse for 2 to 3 seconds.
- Use immediately or let cool completely and store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.