Total time: 7 hours and 50 minutes
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 lb), trimmed of fat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/2 lb carrots, cut diagonally into slices
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 cups Progresso™ beef flavored broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 3 tablespoons Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (8 oz) sliced fresh baby portabella mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry-pack julienne-cut sun-dried tomatoes
- Fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley leaves, if desired
- Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Place bacon in slow cooker. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Cook beef in bacon drippings 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown. Add onion. Cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Spoon mixture into slow cooker.
- Add carrots, wine, broth, flour, basil, thyme, salt, pepper and diced tomatoes to slow cooker; stir.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours.
- Stir in mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes. Cover; cook 20 to 30 minutes longer or until tomatoes are tender. Sprinkle with parsley.
Find more great beef recipes at bettycrocker.com.
Want to see your best recipe featured? Share it with us today!